10.2.10

FLUSTERED + JEAN COLONNA

These are some images from i-D magazine, The Emotion Issue No 225, 2002, pages 65-66.
(Photog: Marcus Tomlinson, Makeup: Eli Wakamatsu, Styling : Hortense Manga, Hair: Peter Gray)

The makeup in these shots I find quite interesting. As the theme of the issue suggests, the images do convey a sense of emotion/feeling. To me the models look flustered, with the hair swept away from their faces in such furious gusto, the skin an uneven tone with white haphazardly smudged across their face and their eyes accented with light peachy pinks.

The clothing is also worth a mention, with a dress by Hussein Chalayan and a dress by Jean Colonna. I had not heard of Jean Colonna before, I had a look on the net and the only shows I can find are Spring 2000 and Fall 2000. The Fall 2000 collection I think is definitely still quite relevant today.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Images : i-D Magazine, style.com

0 comments: